Paleo Banana Fosters Bread Pudding
- 2 medium ripe bananas-mashed
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 tbsp palm shortening-melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce-room temperature
- 4 large eggs-room temperature
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 can sweetened condensed coconut milk for caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a small loaf pan (8.5″ x 4.5″ x2.5″).
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix eggs, applesauce, honey, vanilla, melted palm shortening, and mashed bananas.
- In another bowl mix together almond flour, coconut flour and baking soda.
- Pour egg mixture into flour mixture and combine until somewhat smooth.
- Spread banana bread mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until loaf is cooked through and a toothpick inserted removes clean.
- Slice banana bread into 1″ cubes and place on plate.
- Slice banana and place on top of half the cubes from one slice of banana bread
- Then add rest of cubes and more bananas.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce
Stove Top Caramel Sauce
- Place can in sauce pan and cover with water (1″ above top of can)
- Bring water to a boil and turn down to a simmer.
- Simmer for 1.5hrs and turn can over…make sure there is always water 1″ above can during simmering process.
- Simmer for another 1.5 hrs.
- Remove can and cool before opening.
- Place unused caramel sauce in glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Instant Pot Caramel Sauce
- Place can of coconut condensed milk on trivet in instant Pot
- Cover with water (1″ over the top of can)
- Close and seal instant pot lid and set to manual high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Let pressure naturally release and remove can from pot.
- Let cool. (Best to leave it out overnight to cool)
- Place unused caramel sauce in glass jar for up to 1 month in refrigerator.