Dairy Free Creamy Loaded Potato Soup
- 4 slices uncured Bacon
- 5 tbsp palm shortening
- 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 1 Tbsp tapioca starch
- 3 cups almond milk
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 3 organic butterball potatoes diced
- 4 oz dairy free cream cheese kite hill
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup nut cheese
- 2 green onions chopped
- Add bacon to a large skillet and cook over medium heat until brown and crispy, turning every few minutes; transfer to paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Melt palm shortening in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Whisk in cassava flour and tapioca starch until lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in almond milk, coconut milk and bone broth, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes.
- Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes. Stir in cream cheese, salt, pepper, garlic salt, to taste.
- Use an immersion blender to cream the soup leaving some chunky bits of potatoes if desired.
- If the soup is too thick, add more milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with green onion, cheese and bacon, along with parsley.
- Freeze or store leftovers in the fridge.