Cinnamon Rolls (Grain, Dairy, Soy Free)
- rolling pin
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp xanthum gum
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1 scoop collagen peptides
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup liquid coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 1/4 cup date sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 cup heated maple syrup
- Combine almond flour, xanthum gum baking soda, along with salt in medium bowl.
- In small bowl whisk together coconut milk and collagen peptides.
- Add eggs, honey, coconut oil and vanilla to milk mixture and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry until smooth, doughy mixture forms.
- Place in refrigerator for about 20-30 min or until dough is chilled and not sticky.
Cinnamon Filling For Dough
- While dough is chilling, mix together maple sugar, date sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl then add warm maple syrup until it forms a spreadable paste and set aside.
- Once dough is chilled and most of the “stickiness” is gone, place between two sheets of parchment paper and roll into a rectangle about 1/8″-1/4″ thick.
- Remove top piece of parchment paper and discard.
- Spread cinnamon filling across entire rectangle of dough.
- Roll into a dough log starting on one of the short sides and using parchment paper to keep tight and from sticking.
- Place dough log in freezer for about 45min-1hr or overnight if desired. This allows for easier slicing of the rolls but is not necessary.
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Remove from freezer and cut into 1″ discs and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet and allow to come to room temperature.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 min or until golden brown.
- Remove rolls from the oven and enjoy warm.