Paleo Lemon Garlic Shrimp Alfredo
- 1 box @cappellos paleo fettuccine pasta
- 2 tbsp @terradelyssa organic olive oil
- 6 tbsp @nutiva palm shortening
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound @wholefoods whole catch pink shrimp
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Bring pot of water to a boil for pasta.
- In medium pan, heat olive oil and 2tbsp of shortening.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté about 1-2min.
- Add italian seasoning and spinach and cook until wilted about 2min.
- While spinach is wilting cook the pasta about 1-2min and drain.
- Add the pasta to the pan with the remaining butter, and parsley and stir until mixed and butter is melted.
- Add the lemon juice and tomatoes if desired before serving.
- Serve while hot
Note:original recipe modified from @alyssa_therecipecritic