Pumpkin“Cheese” Tortellini w/Sun Dried Tomatoes
Servings: 4 people
- 2 9-ounce packages almond milk cheese tortellini @kitehillfoods
- 2 tablespoons palm shortening @nutiva
- 3 cloves of garlic — minced
- 1 cup canned organic pumpkin @farmersmarketfoods
- 1 ½ cups coconut cream @natural.value
- ½ cup grated mozzarella nut cheese @parmelacreamery
- 3 tbsp sliced sun dried tomatoes
- salt and ground black pepper
- Bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil, and cook tortellini according to label directions. Drain it and set aside.
- Heat palm shortening over medium heat in a large skillet, add minced garlic, and sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Whisk in the pumpkin and coconut cream along with “mozzarella cheese” and sun dried tomatoes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tortellini to the pumpkin sauce in the skillet and mix well.