Ahi Tuna Summer Salad
- 4 steaks yellowfin tuna steaks I use frozen steaks, wild caught frozen
- 4 cups organic spring mix salad
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans or almonds can omit or add more to liking
- 3/4 cup coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tsp italian seasoning basil, oregano, parsley
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper can omit or add more to taste
- Salt and pepper tuna steaks to taste.
- Heat coconut oil on skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear steaks on all sides approximately 30-60seconds per side and remove from heat.
- Combine spring mix along with peppers, onion, cranberries and nuts and toss.
- Plate salads in equal servings.
- Slice tuna steaks in 1/8″-1/4″ slices and fan slices over bed of salad and drizzle with balsamic dressing.
- In a bowl whisk together dressing ingredients, or combine dressing ingredients in glass jar and shake!