Instant Pot Paleo Stuffed Bell Peppers with Ground Beef and Cauliflower Rice
Servings: 4 people
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 4 large bell peppers red, yellow, orange, or green…your preference
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 shallot diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp celery seed
- 1/8 tsp ground mustard
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup beef bone broth or water for instant pot
- Preheat avocado oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion and shallots to pan and sauté until almost translucent and add minced garlic.
- Sauté until onions are translucent and soft.
- Combine ground beef, onion mixture and the rest of ingredients through cloves in medium sized mixing bowl.
- Wash, dry, cut stems and clean seeds from peppers.
- Stuff the prepared peppers with meat mixture…stuffing equally.
- Add bone broth/water to instant pot and place trivet/steaming basket inside.
- Arrange peppers on trivet/basket and lock lid ensuring knob is turned to “steam”.
- Cook peppers for 8 minutes on manual high setting. Let pot slow release.
- Turn on oven broiler.
- Once peppers are cooked, place in broiler for approximately 5-8min placing any cheese, tomato sauce, spices etc on top before inserting them into the oven.
- Remove when cheese etc is melted and peppers are to desired softness.
Optional toppings: dairy free cheese, tomato sauce, etc.