- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 tbsp maple sugar or date sugar***
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp dairy free milk (I use almond milk)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
***opt to leave out the maple/date sugar as the donuts are plenty sweet with the glaze and caramel drizzle, or opt to use it should you decide to forgo the caramel drizzle.
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 1 8oz tub kite hill plain cream cheese (almond milk) or any dairy free cream cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
Coconut Milk Caramel Sauce
- 1 can condensed coconut milk (simmer can covered in water about 3-3 1/2 hours, turning halfway through or use instant pot filled with water 1″ over top of can for 17 minutes and leave to cool overnight making caramel sauce…store in refrigerator in a glass jar)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl whisk together maple syrup, coconut oil, eggs, pumpkin purée, vanilla and apple cider vinegar.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Pipe or spoon donut batter into donut mold.
- Place filled donut mold in preheated oven and bake 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes and then empty donut mold onto cooling rack.
- While donuts cool beat together cream cheese, vanilla and maple syrup until smooth.
- Once donuts are cooled, dip or spoon cream cheese glaze on donuts.
- Top with just cream cheese or add some coconut milk caramel sauce or even an espresso caramel sauce.
Store extra donuts in airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.