- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (more or less depending on your liking)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- pomegranate powder/maple sugar/powdered sugar, your choice for dusting
- 1 can coconut cream (refrigerated)
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line jelly-roll pan with lightly greased parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix well.
- In a large bowl with a handheld mixer beat together the eggs, coconut sugar, and maple sugar on medium speed until thick.
- Add the pumpkin puree to egg/sugar mixture and blend until combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until smooth.
- Spread the batter evenly on the prepared jelly-roll pan.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the top of the cake springs back when touched.
- While the cake is baking, sprinkle a clean kitchen towel with pomegranate sugar/maple sugar/powdered sugar.
- When the cake is done, remove it from the oven and gently flip the cake onto the sugared towel, so the parchment paper is on top, and subsequently peel the parchment paper from the cake.
- Starting at one of the short ends, roll up the towel and cake together into a jelly roll. Allow to completely cool while rolled up in the towel, this will take at least 1 hour.
- Chill your mixing bowl.
- Remove the thick/hardened portion of coconut cream from the can and transfer to your mixing bowl. Save the watery portion for use as a hydrating drink or for use in a smoothie etc.
- Using hand mixer, beat cream on medium high for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy and soft peaks form. Scrape down the bowl.
- Add honey, maple syrup, and vanilla, and continue beating for another 2 minutes.
- When cake has cooled, unroll from towel
- Evenly spread whipped coconut cream from edge to edge.
- Roll the cake/whipped coconut cream and wrap with plastic wrap.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hr before serving.
- When ready to serve, lightly dust the top with your choice of pomegranate powder/maple sugar/powdered sugar.