Paleo Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 2 cans (13 ½ ounces each) coconut cream
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 3/4 cup enjoy life chocolate chips
- ice cream container
- Combine coconut cream, xantham gum, maple syrup and honey in a saucepan and warm-up over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until combined.
- Taste and adjust the sweetener if needed.
- Allow the liquid to cool down completely.
- Pour cooled coconut base into a high speed blender with mint and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into the ice-cream machine and churn following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Stir in chocolate chips and transfer to freezable container. I put a bit into some popsicle molds to enjoy as popsicles and also have good portions ready to go for Miss K.
- You can enjoy immediately as a soft serve, or freeze for a couple of hours before serving.