This is a great breakfast/dessert recipe you can have the kids help with! Miss K and I enjoyed making and eating it together this morning to start our Mothers Day Weekend. You can serve it with a brunch gathering or make it for the special Mom in your life to show her how much she means to you and your family. Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms 💕🌷.
Paleo Banana Fosters Bread Pudding
2 medium ripe bananas-mashed
3 tbsp honey
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 1/2 tbsp palm shortening-melted
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce-room temperature
4 large eggs-room temperature
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and a small loaf pan (8.5″ x 4.5″ x2.5″).
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix eggs, applesauce, honey, vanilla, melted palm shortening, and mashed bananas.
- In another bowl mix together almond flour, coconut flour and baking soda.
- Pour egg mixture into flour mixture and combine until somewhat smooth.
- Spread banana bread mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until loaf is cooked through and a toothpick inserted removes clean.
Caramel Sauce or you can use this quick recipe
1 can condensed coconut milk
- Place can in sauce pan and cover with water (1″ above top of can)
- Bring water to a boil and turn down to a simmer.
- Simmer for 1.5hrs and turn can over…make sure there is always water 1″ above can during simmering process.
- Simmer for another 1.5 hrs.
- Remove can and cool before opening.
- Place unused caramel sauce in glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Instant Pot Instructions
- Place can of coconut condensed milk on trivet in instant Pot
- Cover with water (1″ over the top of can)
- Close and seal instant pot lid and set to manual high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Let pressure naturally release and remove can from pot.
- Let cool. (Best to leave it out overnight to cool)
- Place unused caramel sauce in glass jar for up to 1 month in refrigerator.
Banana Fosters Bread Pudding
- Slice banana bread into 1″ cubes and place on plate.
- Slice banana and place on top of half the cubes from one slice of banana bread
- Then add rest of cubes and more bananas.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce