Good Morning! I hope your Friday is off to a good start! It’s a bit dreary/raining here in the 830 area code, but we can use the rain! The tanks are starting to dry up and the gators are on the prowl for water! Anyway, I wanted to share some of my favorite things right now and I hope you will try some of them if you haven’t already!
- Tiff’s Charcoal Beauty Bar-Goatsmilk provides antibacterial and moisturizing nourishment to the skin is infused with activated charcoal to bind to oil & dirt to reduce pore size and clarify along with 100% PURE Tea Tree and Peppermint Essential Oils leaving skin purified, clean and smoothe.
- Tiff’s Activated Charcoal Face Mask-Activated charcoal and bentonite clay bind to excess oil and dirt drawing out impurities from the skin. Golden ha ha about oil and pomegranate powder add moisture antioxidants to combat breakouts providing a brighter complexion. This natural blend of product leave the skin feeling cleansed clarified and looking brighter.
- Asteroid Naturals-Matrixyl 3000 Argireline Vitamin– I have been using this product for quite a while and it definitely creates firmer more youthful skin By smoothing and tightening, reducing fine lines and wrinkles, decreasing sunspots all while being fragrance, oil, paraben and sulfate free.
- Native Grapefruit & Bergamot Deodorant-this is a great deodorant that is made in the United States, aluminum and paraben free, and they have the most wonderful scents!
- San Francisco Bath Salt-A nice warm bath is a wonderful way to unwind after a long, crazy day! They can also pack major health benefits when paired with Epsom salts, essential oils, and baking soda. After using various suppliers, I found SF Salt Co. and this company has fast shipping, reasonable prices and great products!
- Whispers of Rest-Bonnie Gray…A 40-day devotional detox for your soul, a spiritual journey to refresh you and guide you to greater peace, while helping you discover who God truly made you to be: His beloved. Renew your spirit with powerful affirmations of God’s love with uplifting words of Scripture, journaling prompts for reflection, and practical challenges to spark joy. I am not quite finished with this one yet, but it really has been such a great study for me and helps me to slow down, clear my mind and strengthens my faith.
- The Husbands Secret-Liane Moriarty…Imagine that your husband wrote you a letter, to be opened after his death. Imagine, too, that the letter contains his deepest, darkest secret—something with the potential to destroy not just the life you built together, but the lives of others as well. Imagine, then, that you stumble across that letter while your husband is still very much alive. . . .Cecilia Fitzpatrick has achieved it all—she’s an incredibly successful businesswoman, a pillar of her small community, and a devoted wife and mother. Her life is as orderly and spotless as her home. But that letter is about to change everything, and not just for her: Rachel and Tess barely know Cecilia—or each other—but they too are about to feel the earth-shattering repercussions of her husband’s secret. I literally read this book in a few nights as I could not put it down. Truly an engrossing book full of humor, suspense and strength.
- Angels in My Hair-Lorna Byrne…Angels in My Hair is an engrossing chronicle of Lorna’s incredible life story. Invoking a wonderful sense of place, she describes growing up poor in Ireland, finding work in Dublin, and marrying the man of her dreams—only to have the marriage cut short by tragedy. This book is truly thought provoking in many ways through its exploration of various socially charged issues and how they are addressed and explained in her interactions with the angels and others around her.
- Barefoot Blonde-I have just begun following Amber in the last few months and I have enjoyed reading her blog about motherhood, fashion, travel and beauty.
- Paleo Running Mama-Michele is a mom, wife and serious paleo recipe creator! I LOVE her recipes and use her blog frequently for new recipes and meal planning.
- Shine Daily Inspirations/Reminders– A daily reminder of presence and inspiration I enjoy each morning as a text is delivered. Most of the time they seem to be spot on with the quotes or advice I need to help me move through internal struggles I might be facing that day.
- Vital Proteins-I truly love the collagen peptides for the great vitamins, minerals and extra protein benefits…I even slip them into Miss K’s smoothies! I was recently introduced to the beauty collagen while on one of my weekly trips to Whole Foods and K and I both fell in love with both flavors…they have prebiotics, protein and essential vitamins and minerals. I mix them into my juices, with water, popsicles, smoothies, pretty much anything.
- Rishi Tea-a truly aromatic great tasting tea with bold flavors and organically sourced.
- Kodachrome-I actually watched this movie last night on Netflix and found it to be humorous, sentimental, inspirational, and heart wrenching all at the same time. This was a gripping tale of a record company exec joins his estranged dad, a famous photographer who’s dying, on a life-changing road trip to the last lab still developing Kodachrome film.
- Leap-Another great Netflix find I thought I would include this cute, uplifting, animated film as Miss K has been watching it every chance I give her. It has evoked a light hearted, playful spirit in her while showing her to pursue her dreams (dance in the nutcracker right now) as well as the importance of kindness/empathy. An orphan girl dreams of becoming a ballerina and flees her rural Brittany for Paris, where she passes for someone else and accedes to the position of pupil at the Grand Opera house.
Have a great weekend and enjoy the festivities of Cinco De Mayo and The Kentucky Derby!