- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp maple sugar sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp melted palm shortening
- 2 peaches chopped, I used 1 small bag of frozen peaches I let thaw overnight.
- Oil (I used a combination of coconut and avocado oil)
- Deep fryer/Dutch oven/frying pan
• 1 cup powdered sugar
• 1/4 cup almond milk (or enough for your favorite consistency)
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Whisk eggs, milk and butter in small bowl and combine with flour mixture.
- Fold in peaches.
- Heat oil in fryer or pan to 375 degrees F.
- Ladle about 1/4 -1/2 cup batter into hot oil. The batter will sink at first and then rise.
- Cook for about 2 – 3 minutes, depending on size of fritters.
- Remove fritters from oil.
- Place on drying wrack or paper towel lined plate.
- Then glaze fritters with powdered sugar/milk glaze.
These were delicious! Toddler and husband approved!!!