Adapted from Paleo Grubs
- 1 1/2 lbs. grass fed ground beef
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 8 almond flour tortillas (I use Siete Almond Flour Tortillas)
- To make the enchilada sauce, heat one tablespoon of avocado oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Once heated, add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft and translucent. Add in the remaining ingredients except arrowroot powder and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Increase heat and bring sauce to a boil, sprinkle arrowroot powder and whisk to combine. Reduce heat to simmer until sauce is thickened.
- While sauce is simmering, heat the remaining tablespoon of avocado in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and carrots and sauté until translucent and soft. Add ground beef to skillet and season with salt and pepper until cooked through and brown. Remove from heat and stir in about 8 spoonfuls of the enchilada sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x 13 baking dish with avocado oil and fill each tortilla with a few spoonfuls of the meat mixture and place rolled over in the baking dish side by side. Cover tortillas with the remaining sauce and sprinkle 1/2 cup of chopped onion on top and bake for 15-18 minutes. Pull out and place in broiler for 5 minutes to crisp onion and bake in sauce. Top with your choice of sliced avocado, cilantro, parsley, shredded lettuce and serve with Spanish cauliflower rice…Enjoy!
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I might earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these products are readily available, the products I use and not because of the commission I might receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.