We love reading in our house and have an active imagination. Now I’m not sure if all the reading, talking or everyday exposure created that imagination and has our little two year old speaking like a tiny adult, but I can’t help but think it may have had a little something to do with it. We started out reading books very early and at about six months of age added in the “My “a-z” Books by Jane Belk Moncure, which I think definitely helped her to have such clear and articulate pronunciation. Books are always a great gift and a fan favorite, so I thought I would share my little ones Top 10 right now.
- The Rhyme Bible Storybook by L.J. Sattgast
- Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler
- The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler
- Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen and Helen Oxenbury
- Good Night Baby Jesus by Adam Gamble
- The Pout Pout Fish by Deborah Dieson
- This Little Light of Mine – a collection of joyful songs
- I Like Myself by Karen Beaumont
- I Love You Stinky Face by Lisa McCourt
- Don’t Be Silly Mrs. Millie by Judy Cox
the great thing about a few of these books is Amazon and Netflix have short movies that follow the stories precisely. (Bear Hunt – Amazon, Gruffalo and Room on the Broom are on Netflix). I hope you all enjoy these books as much as we do!!
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I might earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these products are readily available, the products I use and not because of the commission I might receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.