- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¾ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoons nutmeg*
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon*
- ¼ teaspoon ginger*
- Preheat a waffle iron to the lowest setting.
- Place all the ingredients in the order listed, in a high-speed blender. * I like to add in nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger to add flavor and decrease/eliminate the need for syrup.
- Blend on low for 30 seconds, then increase to high and continue blending until the batter is completely smooth, about another 30 seconds.
- Spoon the batter into the waffle iron, filling halfway and spreading evenly.
- Close the lid and cook for 45 seconds to 1 minute, until the steam stops rising from the machine and the waffles easily release with a fork.
*Recipe taken from Danielle Walkers Paleo Blueberry Waffle Recipe *I like to double the recipe and keep some in the freezer…they heat up well in a toaster or microwave.