Paleo Salmon Cakes
- 3-6 oz cans of Boneless and Skinless Salmon drained
- 1 onion diced
- 2 ribs of celery diced
- 1 tbsp old bay seasoning (1/2 tbsp celery salt, 1 tsp paprika, 3/4 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp ground mustard, 1/8 tsp allspice, pinch cayenne, pinch cinnamon, pinch nutmeg, pinch ginger)
- 2 tbsp dried dill
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 4 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
- 6 large eggs
- coconut oil
- In a bowl break the salmon up with a fork and add the ingredients up to coconut flour.
- Mix in the coconut flour and combine thoroughly.
- Next add in the eggs and mix for thoroughly until combined.
- Heat coconut oil on medium high in a large skillet.
- Shape the mixture in to patties, roughly 2″ wide.
- Add the patties to your pan and cook until the sides are golden brown, roughly 5 – 8 minutes on each side. DO NOT flip the salmon cakes until they are golden brown or they will fall apart. You need the side to completely brown so it will hold together.
***Original Recipe from A Girl Worth Savings Paleo Salmon Cakes ***I like to triple the recipe to have extra for freezing. These freeze and warm up well for a quick dinner or snack. ***I like to use wild alaskan salmon…you can use a salmon of your choice, just be sure to read ingredients as popular brands do sometimes contain soy.