Here is my go to red juice which packs lots of nutrient rich veggies and natural sweetness to help aid in reducing inflammation and adds a punch of essential minerals, iron and vitamin C. Liver flushing, oxygen boosting beets are combined with beta-carotene filled carrots along with fiber packed apple, vitamin C containing orange, and bromelain rich pineapple all for a little added sweetness and finished off with a zing of ginger and lemon.
I enjoy making juice once a week for myself and neighbors as a added/quick way to get vitamins and nutrients into mine and my toddlers body. I don’t use juices as cleansers or meal substitutes, but rather as a healthy snack or along with a meal.
Using a higher vegetable to fruit ratio helps keep the juice lower in sugar and adding higher fiber fruits will also balance out that natural occurring sugar as well.
ANTI-INFLAMMATORY BEET JUICE
- 2 small beets or 1 large
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 lemon
- knob of ginger
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 1/4 pineapple
Yield: 1 16 oz serving
- Prepare the vegetables by washing and removing any produce stickers.
- Chop the beets, apple, and orange into pieces that will fit in the feed chute of the juicer.
- Cut lemon in half and cut away the peel of 1/2 the lemon leaving the white pith and lemon flesh…it should be small enough to fit into the juicer without cutting.
- Core the pineapple and cut it into quarters…use one quarter and remove outer skin and chop flesh into pieces small enough to feed through the juicing chute.
- Turn on the juicer to the appropriate setting and push ingredients through alternating between the beets, carrots, ginger, apple, orange, pineapple and lemon.