Instant Pot Paleo Meatloaf
(Based on Jennifer Robbins “Paleo Bacon Turkey Meatloaf”)
1 cup water
2 tbsp avocado oil
1 onion, diced and sautéed
1 lb grass fed ground beef
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 tsp liquid smoke
1 tsp hickory smoked sea salt
dash of worcestershire sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp cassava flour
- Pour the cup of water into the stainless steel instant pot bowl and lower in the steamer rack.
- Combine the remaining ingredients into a mixing bowl and use your hands to thoroughly mix
- Place meat mixture into a sheet of foil and wrap it up while shaping it into a “loaf”.
- Place foil-wrapped loaf on steamer rack in instant pot.
- Secure the lid and close the pressure valve.
- Press Meat/Stew button on Instant Pot and press the “+/-” button until 30 minutes is displayed and turn off the “keep warm” feature.
- Allow meatloaf to cook
- Once cooking time is complete, carefully quick release the pressure valve and remove the lid once pressure has bled off.
- Remove meatloaf and unwrap it once it is cool enough to handle.
- Spread another 1/4 cup of Ketchup over top, should you wish, and put in broiler for 5min to “char” ketchup a bit.
- Slice and serve with mashed cauliflower and peas!
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I might earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these products are readily available, the products I use and not because of the commission I might receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.